back to services
Printing is just one of those things where you have to pay attention to detail and just have to get it right. Once it’s printed, well it’s printed. Quality Press knows this only too well. Please visit our website for more information www.qualitypress.com.au
After a tradition spanning more than four decades, Quality Press Pty Ltd is recognised as one of Western Australia’s leading commercial printers with a proud, long-standing record of success.
This progressive company has built a solid reputation based on its proven commitment to cost-efficiency, product quality and customer service.
A team of over 65 print professionals are employed in the production of a broad range of printed material ranging from business stationery, newsletters, magazines, brochures, posters, reports etc., Our team offers the insights, expertise and passion that help our clients understand their print requirements and establish a win-win relationships. Through strong partnerships with our clients,Quality Press delivers award winning printed products and innovative print solutions derived from years of experience and expertise.
The organisation has in the last 17 years, continued on a path of growth and expansion to remain in the forefront of technology. The company has scored many “FIRSTS” in the technology arena:
- 2001: Quality Press was the first printing company to install a Computer to Plate (CTP) machine in WA. This technology eliminated the use of negative film from the printing process.
- 2004: Quality Press was the first in Australasia to install a 10-colour A1 Komori Perfector Press. Through the use of new technology, this press doubled print productivity as a sheet of paper was imaged on both sides in one pass through the press.
- 2006: Quality Press was the first in Western Australia to install the Kodak “NexPress” digital printing press. This press enables offset quality work to be printed digitally.
- November 2007: Quality Press was the first company in Perth to install Kodak’s new Prinergy for workflow system together with the Magnus 800 computer to plate system with square spot imaging. The Pre-press Department is equipped with cutting edge tools for ripping, proofing, colour management and plate making.
- December 2009: a new HP Indigo 5500 Press was installed greatly improving the flexibility of Quality Press’s digital offering.
- December 2009: the company acquired Pacific Printing Co., a company specializing in printing Business Forms and Continuous Stationary.
- May 2010: a new generation 5-colour and coater A1 Komori Press was installed increasing capacity and versatility.
- August 2010: Quality Press moved into Pacific Print’s purpose-built facility in Welshpool. This 4500 square metre facility now houses the company’s full operations from administration, sales, management, design, digital print, pre-press, offset and forms printing, post-press, warehousing, logistics and distribution.
- February 2012: Quality Press is the first printing company in Australia to install a 130Kilo Watt solar power generation system on its roof to supplement is power requirements. It is anticipated that this system will on average generate 40-50% of Quality Press’s daily power requirements, thereby greatly reducing the carbon footprint on your printed product!
Quality Press has over the years acquired the following accreditations:
- Since 2001 it is a quality assured company with accreditation to ISO 9001:2000.
- Since 2009 it is also accredited with ISO 12647/2 colour management system whereby proofing colour and printing colour are part of a stringent set of colour guidelines of colour tolerances and consistency across the printing sheet, print run and between different print jobs.
- Since 2006 It has also achieved accreditation for the “Green Stamp Program”, an environmental initiative by the local Government and the Printing Industries Association of Australia (P.I.A.A). Quality Press has achieved the highest accreditation of Level 3.
- In June 2012 it has achieved the Forestry Stewardship Council (FSC) accreditation.
- Quality Press has also achieved ISO 14001 environmental standard.